Help us Supply and Support the Future: Send a Gift
The Gift: Help us Make a Difference and and Bring Faith
To those in Need, Help us Reach The Dream of Building a Foundation
A City and Town And a Community for Those With Mental Health and Disabilities
Cancer and The Homeless, The Disabled and Senior Citizens:
- baked potato
- conquer online
- energy drinks
- first aid
- food storage
- hot dogs
- pink flowers
- red bull
- sour cream
- wine specials
- wrist pain
Monday, July 7, 2014
Bipolar: Living with Bipolar
Bipolar disorder, also known by its older name "manic depression," is a mental disorder that is characterized by serious mood swings. A person with bipolar disorder experiences alternating “highs” (what clinicians call “mania“) and “lows” (also known as depression). Both the manic and depressive periods can be brief, from just a few hours to a few days, or longer, lasting up to several weeks or even months. The periods of mania and depression vary from person to person — many people may only experience very brief periods of these intense moods, and may not even be aware that they have bipolar disorder.
A manic episode is characterized by extreme happiness, extreme irritability, hyperactivity, little need for sleep and/or racing thoughts, which may lead to rapid speech. A depressive episode is characterized by extreme sadness, a lack of energy or interest in things, an inability to enjoy normally pleasurable activities and feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. On average, someone with bipolar disorder may have up to three years of normal mood between episodes of mania or depression.
- Child Development & Positive Parenting Skills 4 Di...
- Child Development & Positive Parenting Skills 3
- Child Development & Positive Parenting Skills 2
- Child Development & Positive Parenting Skills 1
- Child Psychology - The True Nature of Children & K...
- Child Psychology - Wildest Colts Make the Best Hor...
- Psychology, Psychiatry, Mental Health & University...
- Psychiatry & Big Pharma Influencing Universities
- Psychology of Fear, Violence, and Homophobia
- How to Choose a Counselor, Psychologist or "Therap...
- Psychology of Change & Personal Transformation:
- Psychology Test - Are you Troubled? The Truth abou...
- Psychology Test - Are You Normal?
- Psychology of Trauma & Distress; Helping People Ov...
- panic attacks, what is a panic attack
- Thomas Insel: Toward a new understanding of mental...
- What is Psychology
- An Overview of Insomnia
- ADHD As A Difference In Cognition, Not A Disorder:...
- Bipolar: Living with Bipolar
- Depression is a disease of civilization
- powerful-individuals.com now offers Shopping Deals...
- Do you have Anxiety? What is Anxiety? Did you know...
- Welcome to powerful-individuals.com
- ▼ July (24)